SINGAPORE, 18 August 2016 – Singapore’s premier technology brokerage event, TechInnovation, is set to bridge the gap between enterprises and technology providers. Organised by IPI Singapore, TechInnovation will host more than 70 international speakers, business leaders, R&D heads as well as technology seekers.
The conference will be headlined by three keynote sessions.
- Gregg Carpenter, Global Director of Engineering at The Coca-Cola Company, will discuss Coke’s formula for developing and integrating disruptive technologies;
- Dr Reza Ghahary, Director Innovation Networks & Communication at Evonik Industries AG, will share Evonik’s challenges, best practices and examples of Open Innovation; and
- Xander Sim, Chief Technology Officer at Cell ID Pte Ltd, will demonstrate how Cell ID has redefined the boundaries of traditional printing technology and developed an affordable, roll-to-roll printable platform that could reproduce various diagnostics kits through conventional printing technology.
“TechInnovation aims to help SMEs expand their opportunities for collaboration. This year, we have introduced a brand new segment to foster Singapore-Europe partnership opportunities with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN). This segment will connect technology seekers with European SMEs which are developing innovations in sectors such as nano-technology, ICT, Environment, Healthcare and Energy,” said Professor Lam Khin Yong, Executive Director of IPI.
Five EEN partners from Europe will introduce innovation and business opportunities from their regions. The speakers include Jordi Maluquer de Motes, Director, Singapore at the Catalonia Trade & Investment from Spain and Juan Carmona-Schneider, Senior Consultant and Sector Group Chair Healthcare Enterprise, Europe Network at ZENIT GmbH from Germany.
The search for technology commercialisation and co-development opportunities heats up at TechInnovation's Crowdpitching sessions, which spans sectors such as Service & Digital Economy, Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering, Health & Personal Care, and Urban Solutions & Sustainability. The crowdsourcing sessions will feature 16 global and local speakers including Wong Wai Meng, Chief Executive Officer at Keppel Data Centres; Joaquim Llorente, Chief Innovation Officer at Zobele Group; Dr Sarah Chan, Strategic Foresight Manager, Asia Pacific at L'Oréal; and Donald Lum, Assistant Vice President, Technology at SATS Limited, among others.
TechInnovation’s Platform Technologies and Applications panels will feature two tracks:
1. Smart Nation – IoT Security: Smart Cities, SECURED Nations, will feature industry leaders including Cort Isernhagen, Managing Director, Asia Pacific at Lux Research; Subho Halder, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer at Appknox and Dr Andreas Hauser, Director, Digital Services at TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific.
2. Additive Manufacturing: Appreciating Design Principles and Strengths of Additive Manufacturing, will feature speakers such as Christian-Friedrich Lindemann, Research & Exploitation Manager, Direct Manufacturing Research Centre (DMRC) and Dr Ho Chaw Sing, Managing Director, National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC).
TechInnovation 2016 will take place from 20 to 21 September 2016 at Resorts World Convention Centre in Sentosa. For more information on TechInnovation and its programme, please visit www.techinnovation.com.sg.
TechInnovation is a premier industry-technology matching event that is organised by IPI Singapore. TechInnovation brings together international technology providers and enterprises to explore technology commercialisation and initiate business collaboration through open innovation. It is a leading conference and exhibition in Singapore that focuses on the matching of industry’s needs to enabling technologies in info-communications & electronics, manufacturing, materials & chemicals, health & personal care, medtech, energy and environment from global sources.
IPI was established by Singapore Ministry of Trade & Industry in April 2011, to catalyse and enable enterprises to grow their business through the use of technology and innovation. IPI promotes Open Innovation and works with enterprises to source for technologies locally or from aboard; and facilitate partnership to bring new and innovative products and services to the market. As a recent member of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), IPI is well-positioned to assist Singapore enterprises to discover new business and innovation opportunities and expand their reach through its EEN partners.
Director, PINPOINT Public Relations
Mobile: +65 9746 8519
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications
DID: +65 6419 6600, Mobile: +65 9767 7792